Saturday 22 June 2013

Conquering Laundry Mountain, the clutter and the chaos

My mission this weekend is to finally conquer laundry mountain, I've said it before and I'll say it again, i HATE laundry, it is time consuming and because I'm busy or scatter brained or a little bit of both it sometimes takes days to do a single load.  My husband gave me a few helpful suggestions try using the timer, set the alarm to go off, do a load a day, like that is really going to help if i can not remember to switch the laundry over an hour after putting it in i am definitely not going to remember that i set the timer to start the load after dinner, and well the alarm might work but unless it is a blow horn and can be wired to flash my ceiling lights red when it goes off i will probably just tune it out.

 Nope hunny if you want to help me out take your butt down to the laundry room switch over the laundry bring it upstairs, fold it and put it away.  Do not leave it in the laundry basket sitting in the living room where inevitably it is going to get dumped out and the basket used as a seat a make believe car, boat, train, or airplane, and is then just going to make an even bigger mess and take longer to clean up then it would have if it had just been folded and put away right away, OK I'm actually the worst culprit for this one but he does do it to.

 No this weekend i am determined to get the laundry done, sorted organized and put away, including finishing up the seasonal sorting that i started, though this year the weather changes so drastically that we have had all four seasons in just a few short weeks.  One of the biggest problems with the laundry is that my family just has far to many clothes, we would have a lot of clothes to begin with because we are a family of six but we really, really have to many clothes.  I can go for a few weeks and not do laundry because we have so many clothes, and there in lies the problem, all those clothes are driving me nuts, the laundry pile is large enough that i could lose a child in it and the clothes clutter is disheartening.

  I need to conquer the clothes so that i can then move on to conquering the rest of the clutter, my basement is at a stage where if the laundry was taken care of i could then move on to my crafting stuff and organizing the rest of the stuff that's down there, but i look at the donting task of getting through the laundry and then i look around at all of the other things i could be doing and well i get distracted away from laundry mountain by the little foothills that surround it.  I day dream about taking my family to a nudist colony to live, which for my boys would probably be heaven as they hate clothes, the tags the different material the constriction of them, my daughter would be devastated as then she could not play dress up and change her outfit a hundred times a day.   I have thought about throwing it all out and starting new but the cost alone would be crazy and my kids have some really cute clothes, though i do think that i am going to throw out all the socks and start fresh in the fall or maybe not at all really the only one that wears socks in our house is my husband and his get issued to him, OK the kids do have to wear socks to school but the minute they are home off come the socks and the mystery of the missing socks starts again, because we all know that they don't take them off and place them in the laundry basket nope one gets taken off here one there one ends up under the couch, the dryer monster eats them, socks really are just a nuisance and were just invented to drive me crazy in the mornings when i am already rushed and trying to get kids out the door and then i am searching high and low for a pair of socks that match, nope from now on they are all getting black socks, the same size, and style there that solves that problem, no more pink, purple white, blue, green and gray socks nothing with patterns that need to be matched and definitely no more character socks and who cares if the socks are like leg warmers on the baby then they will just keep him warmer right.  OK so maybe there are a few holes in that plan as well but it is something to consider.

 No conquering the laundry will help with my sanity and is a huge step in getting rid of the clutter and chaos, i need to downsize our wardrobes and realize that the really cute sweater that grandma gave them that they hate because it feels funny or those tops that they only wear once in a blue moon are not worth keeping.  I need to let go of the sentimental attachment and my hoarding ways and realize that less is more and in the case of the laundry this will be a huge huge step forward in helping us live a less stressful more simple life.  Well enough procrastinating onto conquering that mountain.

That's me for today just trying to live life one puzzle piece at a time.
J

No comments:

Post a Comment